A creative collaboration between acclaimed author Amanda Bews (Heaven Sent, Summer Fades) and playwright Tony Knight (The 12th Gate, Under Oath and iThirst), the Hunter Chronicles stories, combined with the Hunter’s Handbook study guides represent a bold new step into narrative based Bible exploration for Juniors.
The Hunter Chronicles series is specially designed for primary school, junior age (10 – 12 year old) readers. If this is you, that’s great! We know you’ll love these books. Just so you know, each instalment or volume is made up of two parts – a storybook plus a Bible study guide called a handbook.
The soon-to-be-released second volume in the Hunter Chronicles series is made up of:
Hunter and the Forgotten Treasure (the storybook)
Hunter’s Handbook 2 (the Bible study guide)
Each volume in The Hunter Chronicles series unpacks seven great teachings from the Bible. The chapters in each Hunter Chroniclesstorybook correspond to the seven lessons in each Hunter’s Handbook Bible study guide. Over the course of the four Hunter Chronicles volumes, twenty-eight great truths of Scripture are explored in depth.
The sessions are even designed in such a way that an entire volume of the series (seven teachings) can be completed during one quarter or a school term.
ABOUT THE BOOKS
BOOK 1: HUNTER AND THE FORBIDDEN CAVE – AVAILABLE NOW
Ethan Hunter can’t believe what he’s hearing. His life is in ruins. The family is broke. His dad has legal problems and like it or not they’re heading for the bush… No warning. No questions. No choice!
Could life get any worse? Sure it can! He and his Mum have to move into his cousin Stephanie’s spooky, tumbled-down old house. There he meets a magpie with a sharp beak and a long memory, and a horse that thinks it’s a dog.
So Hunter’s on a mission, dragging Stephanie in his wake, and sweeping Grace and James along for the ride. Ethan gets more than he bargained for as he braves the forbidden caves in search of the Clarke Brother’s hidden bushranger stash.
But what is the significance of the eagle? And who is the dusky stranger watching from the shadows?
HUNTER’S HANDBOOK 1
Now is your chance to get the story behind the story. Join Ethan and Stephanie Hunter as they unlock the hidden messages of the Truth Codex and begin a relentless search for answers to life’s big questions.
HUNTER’S HANDBOOK 1 is an interactive Bible study adventure guide and the companion volume to the Hunter and the Forbidden Cave storybook. It explores the challenges faced by junior aged kids as they grapple with understanding God, themselves, and how to live life according to the Way of the Hunter.
Bible Studies covered in this book:
Lesson 1 – Jesus, the Son (SDA Fundamental #4)
Lesson 2 – God, the Father (SDA Fundamental #3)
Lesson 3 – The Holy Spirit (SDA Fundamental #5)
Lesson 4 – The Trinity (SDA Fundamental #2)
Lesson 5 – The Law of God (Fundamental #19)
Lesson 6 – The Plan of Salvation (SDA Fundamental #10)
Lesson 7 – Death and Resurrection (SDA Fundamental #26)
BOOK 2: HUNTER AND THE FORGOTTEN TREASURE –Available February 8 2018
Ethan, Steph and their new friend Lachie, are off again, this time following the cryptic trail left by the black-hearted bushranger brothers, Thomas & John Clarke.
From forbidden caves and crumbling ruins, to spooky grave-yards and ancient burial grounds, the treasure-seekers delve into secret compartments and even more secret family histories in the hunt to solve a century old mystery. But who are the mysterious figures dogging their every move? Does someone else know about the bushrangers’ gold? And what does any of this have to do with ancient Vikings?
The race is on. First to the treasure wins, and doesn’t the winner always take it all…?
Join Hunter and his friends as they blast-off on the treasure-hunting rollercoaster ride of a lifetime to discover what matters most in life.
HUNTER’S HANDBOOK 2
HUNTER’S HANDBOOK 2 is an interactive Bible study adventure guide and the companion volume to the Hunter and the Forgotten Treasure storybook. Junior aged readers will join with Ethan Hunter and his friends as they blast-off on the treasure-hunting rollercoaster ride of a lifetime to discover God’s plan and what truly matters most in life
Bible Studies covered in this book:
Lesson 1: The Scriptures (SDA Fundamental Belief #1)
Lesson 2: The Gift of Prophecy (SDA Fundamental Belief #18)
Lesson 3: The Sanctuary (SDA Fundamental Belief #24)
Lesson 4: The Life, Death & Resurrection of Jesus(SDA Fundamental Belief #9)
Lesson 5: Jesus’ Second Coming (SDA Fundamental Belief #25)
Lesson 6: The Millennium (SDA Fundamental Belief #27)
Lesson 7: The New Earth (SDA Fundamental Belief #28)
BOOK 3: HUNTER AND THE HAUNTED HALLS – Available May 16 2018
BOOK 4: HUNTER AND THE SMUGGLER’S SNARE – Available August 8 2018
HOW TO USE THE SERIES:
There are a huge number of ways you can use the Hunter Chronicles series:
- Read the Story – You can simply read The Hunter Chronicles books as standalone storybooks. With believable and engaging characters and extremely exciting stories, the books are brim-full of adventure and exploding with valuable life lessons. They are written with a high moral value, but don’t shy away from addressing the real issues faced by lots of junior age kids in today’s world.
- Personal Study – Many 10 – 12 year olds will enjoy reading the books and doing their own exploration of the Truth Codex by completing the lessons in the Hunters’ Handbook chapter by chapter. The lessons are self-explanatory, highly interactive, but thought provoking and insightful.
- Family Worship – The series also works really well in a family or group worship setting. One person, a parent or child may read the chapter in the storybook, then the family can read through the lesson in the handbook, discussing the various points, answering the questions, and sharing opinions, while learning and growing together.
- School Lessons – In a similar way to Family Worship, the lessons can be used in a classroom for Religious Education or Bible class, whereby a teacher or a student reads the passage and then the class discusses the questions. Alternatively, the teacher can read the chapter, or even have the students read the chapter, and set the lesson as individual task-work or a homework assignment.
- Baptismal Classes – We would suggest that the lessons would be especially suited for use by pastors or school chaplains for follow-up with children who have made decisions at church or school Week of Prayer programs, Summer Camps, Camp-meeting programmes and other places where juniors have made decisions for baptism.
- Pathfinder Clubs – Pathfinder Clubs will also find the storybook/notebook combination useful for teaching the Bible Doctrines component of the Junior Pathfinder classes (Friend, Companion, Explorer). In addition, a special series of Pathfinder Honours is available that complement the series. As a child reads each storybook and completes the handbook, they become eligible to receive The Hunter Chronicles honour token corresponding with that book – four in all for the junior series. When all four storybooks and notebooks have been completed, the junior is entitled to receive TheHunter Chronicles Master Token.
PRAISE FOR THE HUNTER CHRONICLES SERIES
“Discovery is the stuff life is made of. Amanda Bews gets that and has turned her brilliant imagination to the task of creating a tale of discovery both fun and enlightening. The Hunter Chronicles is, quite simply, a delightful journey into the wonder of finding things out you didn’t know before.” – Ty Gibson, author and spiritual-explorer.
“A gripping adventure story from beginning to end. I literally could not stop reading. As an educator who works with children, I am certain The Hunter Chronicles Series will be an absolute hit with readers. Finally, a series that infuses biblical principles through narrative that children will be transfixed by. – Sharon Witt, educator, media-personality, and author of the Teen-Talk books.
“At last! An ingenious way to share Biblical principles with junior aged children. Bews and Knight have come together to deliver the first instalment in what will surely prove to be an exciting and intriguing story and study masterpiece.” – Murray Hunter, speaker, writer, youth and education ministry leader.
The Hunter Chronicles storybooks and Hunter’s Handbooks study guides are available from: